We are a VMware Professional Level Partner, The most trusted virtualization for desktop, data centre and application virtualization.
The most trusted virtualization for desktop, data centre and application virtualization
You can dramatically improve the availability, performance and utilization of your IT resources through VMware virtualization, where the hardware resources of a single computer are used by multiple virtual machines. Each virtual machine is isolated from the others, eliminating potential conflicts. Virtualizing a single physical computer is great, but the real power of virtualization comes into play when you build an entire virtual infrastructure, improving application availability and agility while simplifying management. VMware offers the highest performing and most scalable virtualization platform in the industry for even the most resource-intensive business critical applications at the lowest TCO.
Choose a Scalable, High-Performance Server and Application Virtualization Platform
The server virtualization market has expanded since VMware started in the 1990s. The differences between the various vendor platforms are significant. When you’re getting started, it’s hard to sort through the marketing hype from the hardcore benefits. No matter what industry you’re in or how large (or small) your company is, VMware offers several distinct advantages over the competition.
While VMware did not invent virtualization, we were the first to virtualize for the x86 platform in the 1990s. That would mean nothing if we had not continued to build upon and improve our initial products. Today, we are the global leader in x86 virtualization, with over 350,000 customers, including 100 percent of the Fortune 500. We continue to be first to market in key innovations, including vMotion® live migration, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)™ and Storage DRS™. Our secure and reliable platform has been production-proven even under the most demanding workloads and the most resource intensive business critical applications.
See Why VMware has the Most Trusted Platform
While others like to say hypervisors are just a commodity and all virtualization platforms are the same, we beg to differ. Our vSphere hypervisor takes a radically different approach to virtualization and was the first “bare metal” hypervisor back in 2001. While other hypervisors rely on a broad operating system, we eliminated any dependence on a general-purpose operating system or management console, stripping the code down to a tiny 144MB disk footprint.
Why Should You Care How Large the Hypervisor Is?
While we are proud of our past innovations and thankful for the many awards we’ve received, we are not resting our on our laurels. We have a vision of software-driven data centers in the future and continually find ways to improve our platform, making it easier to manage your infrastructure and make your hardware more efficient.
Best Platform for Business Critical Applications
Only VMware can protect your business critical applications with a broad set of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that help you eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime with the performance of virtualized applications meeting or beating non-virtualized applications.
- VMware vSphere® High Availability provides cost-effective failover protection that survive even massive hardware failures across multiple hosts and quickly restarting vital virtual machines on other hosts as needed.
- VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance creates a live shadow instance of critical virtual machines that allow instantaneous failover if the underlying hardware fails.
- VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® migrate virtual machines and virtual machine disk files so server or storage array maintenance can be performed with no disruption to the end user.
- Live Resource Expansion lets you dynamically add CPU, memory and storage resources to running virtual machines if they require more resources than originally expected.
- VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ gives you simple and reliable disaster protection with centralized management of recovery plans, non-disruptive testing and automated site recovery and migration.
Choose a Virtualization Platform with the Built-In Flexibility and Choice
What’s business critical to you may not be important at all for the business down the street. But whether your business critical software comes from large ISVs or vertical-specific vendors, our approach to virtualization provides you with the most choice and flexibility in both hardware and application components. We follow a workload-agnostic approach delivering uniformly high availability and performance across all virtualized applications. Other virtualization products are optimized for specific operating systems or hardware requiring multiple platforms set up in separate silos. VMware gives you one platform to support all your business critical applications.
Our Large Partner Ecosystem Expands Your Options
We work closely with our partners, including software vendors, OEMs and peripheral manufacturers, so their products can be certified to run with VMware vSphere®. Because we work with a variety of technology vendors VMware technology works in a variety of environments with more guest operating system support than anyone else. In fact, we even support more versions of Windows than Microsoft does. More support equals more choice for you. vSphere is certified on more than 1,500 server models and over 2,000 software vendors have explicit support statements for 3,500 applications running on the vSphere platform.
Our partners include:
- BMC Software
- Borland Software Corp.
- Cisco Systems
- Computer Associates
- EMC Software
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Red Hat
- Research in Motion
- TIBCO Software Inc.
VMware IT Cost Management: Get the Lowest TCO
When you compare costs of different virtualization platforms, look at the big picture — not just your upfront costs. Include both the capital expenses and the ongoing operational expenses in your calculations. How many servers and how many software licenses do you need to buy? In addition, look to see how your operational costs will be affected. VMware® vSphere with Operations Management lets you improve the efficiency of your staff so you can support more servers per IT admin.
VMware lets you achieve a very high virtual machine density with technological innovations such as:
- Memory oversubscription – Make more efficient use of physical RAM through page sharing, reclaiming unused memory and memory compression
- DRS with resource pools – Dynamically load balance virtual machines across a cluster
- High performance scheduler – Dynamically allocate CPU and I/O resources
- Direct driver model – Deliver high I/O throughput
- Logical resource pools – Divide host clusters into pools of CPU, memory, networking and storage resources and assign pools to business units
IT Operational Automation and Storage Management Saves Administrator Time
Automating manual processes and simplifying administrative tasks with VMware reduces the time IT administrators are required to spend maintaining your infrastructure. Key innovations include:
- Standardized host configurations with Host Profiles
- Automated host provisioning with Auto Deploy
- Automated virtual network provisioning with vSphere Distributed Switch
- Automated server load balancing with DRS and DPM
- Deploy and manage offloaded anti-virus solutions with vShield Endpoint
- Centrally manage and protect virtual machines with vSphere Replication
- Reduce diagnostics and problem resolution time with self-learning analytics and smart alerts
Our innovations include integrated storage management features, eliminating the need for manual storage management.
- Automated workload balancing with Storage DRS
- Intelligent storage selection with Profile-Driven Storage
- Cluster-wide prioritization of storage I/O with Storage I/O Control
- Improve capacity utilization and consolidation ratios with vSphere with Operations Management monitoring and optimization features
VMware’s integrated approach to Operational Management reduces Operational Expenses
VMware’s cloud management platform simplifies and automates operations of heterogeneous environments and hybrid clouds.
vSphere with Operations Management delivers an integrated approach to operations management, converges disciplines, unifies teams and automates time consuming manual processes for maximum agility, resource utilization and operational efficiency by providing –
- Automated correlation of monitoring data and root cause analysis enable early warning smart alerts and reduce overall alert volume.
- Actionable recommendations provide in-context guidance and best practices on remediation actions.
- Automated workflow triggers enable administrators to associate workflows created in vCenter Orchestrator with vCenter Operations alerts. For example, these workflows can be used to automatically delete old VM snapshots when available capacity falls below a critical threshold or to add resources when workload demands are rising above normal. Automated workflows help lengthen mean time to incident (MTTI) and reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR).
- Automated capacity optimization reclaims overprovisioned capacity, increases resource utilization and eliminates the need for spreadsheets or complex scripts. Wizard-based “What If” scenarios facilitate capacity optimizations and help defer unnecessary hardware investments.
- Automated detection, enforcement and remediation of security hardening guidelines, configuration standards and regulatory requirements across virtual and physical infrastructure and operating systems.
- Approximately 40% better capacity utilization; and 37% higher consolidation ratios which translate directly into TCO savings for customers.
Third Party Validation: VMware has Lower Operational Expenses
Principled Technologies compared the operational expenses of VMware and Microsoft and found 91 percent lower operational expenses using vSphere and vCenter Site Recovery Manager. Register to download the full study.